- Hair should be at least 8 inches in length or longer is preferred.
- Hair must be clean and dry, pony-tailed and/or braided (this keeps the hair in one direction).
- Place rubberband or pony tail holder on each end.
- Non-chemically treated hair is preferred (but any hair in good condition will be accepted).
- Gray hair is accepted.
- Print hair donation form.
- Place donation form and hair in ziplock bag and mail to Children with Hair Loss
- Donors are given a certificate in appreciation for their kindness.
You can even type and fill-in the form on your computer before printing!
Donating Your Hair “How To”
Donating your hair is easy. Watch our “How To” video from our friend Kayla Martell, Miss Delaware 2010, and you will be on your way to helping us Cover Young Heads to Heal Young Hearts.
Volunteers open the packages and separate the donation slips from the hair. The hair then gets separated into colors and lengths by another set of volunteers. Once there is enough to fill up a box, the hair is shipped to a wig manufacturer who holds onto that hair until we place an order. The hair is shipped to our wig manufacturer to make hair replacements for the children.