Requirements for Donating Hair
Help us “Cover Young Heads to Heal Young Hearts.” In order to do so please follow these requirements:
- Hair should be at least 8 inches in length or longer is preferred.
- Hair must be clean and dry, pony-tailed and/or braided (this keeps the hair in one direction).
- Place rubberband or pony tail holder on each end.
- Non-chemically treated hair is preferred (but any hair in good condition will be accepted).
- Gray hair is accepted.
- Print hair donation form.
- Place donation form and hair in ziplock bag and mail to Children with Hair Loss
- Donors are given a certificate in appreciation for their kindness.
This map represents the
After we receive your hair donations, they are sent to our manufacturing partner, Jon Renau. Your hair could be used to make a human hair replacement for a child immediately or in the future, depending on our recipients' needs at any given time, and as it relates to the length, color, texture and the quality of your hair. Each CWHL recipient receives a new human hair replacement every year, completely FREE of charge, until they reach age 21. Even with the vast number of generous hair donations we receive every year, we still incur significant manufacturing costs to produce each human hair replacement we make for a child. We remain dedicated to our recipients, in that we will never, ever charge a child, at a time when they need help the most. Jon Renau is a major supporter of CWHL and our recipients, and they assist us by: using their expertise to determine which hair donations are most suitable for our current recipients; making bands of hair that recipients can wear under a hat as a lightweight option to wearing their full hair replacement on a daily basis; using donations for making other hair replacements types that they manufacturer for stock. Jon Renau also supports CWHL by providing high quality, beautiful human hair replacements for our recipients below retail cost. We are so honored and proud to have a partnership with the Jon Renau company!